Interested in working at the Crime Victims Council?
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Life, and LTD Insurance*
- Vacation, Sick* and Personal Time Off
- Major Holidays*
- 403B Plan Enrollment*
* Only Full Time Employees are eligible
Below you will find descriptions of any available positions, including the requirements and qualifications. All positions require Pennsylvania Criminal Clearance and Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearances.
** RESUMES WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED **
Motivated individual needed to provide educational programs and trainings to diverse populations in the community and schools in the Lehigh Valley. This is a Full Time, 40 hour position based out of our Allentown, PA office. Excellent public speaking and written communication skills required. Experience educating or working with middle and high school age students is a plus. Travel to schools in the Lehigh and Northampton County area will be required to deliver educational programs to Elementary, High School and Colleges in the area. This position reports to the Outreach Supervisor.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Position requires contact with children and teachers; ability to conduct oneself professionally and deliver programs representing our agency.
- Duties also include hotline and on-call crisis response for victims of crime on a rotating basis.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Occasional evening and weekends required, with flexible scheduling.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS Degree in human service related field is required(Psychology, Social Work, Education, etc..)
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred.
- Experience, specific education, or training in the field is necessary
- Exhibits compassion and an understanding of the impacts of violence on individuals
- Has necessary skills to provide clients with crisis intervention and support
- Valid PA Drivers License required and reliable transportation.
You can apply to Crime Victims Council by mailing in a Current Resume and Cover Letter to:
Crime Victims Council of the Lehigh Valley
Attn: Director, Finance & Administration
801 Hamilton Street, Suite 300
Allentown, PA 18101
You may also Fax your Resume and Cover Letter to (610) 437-9394.
Once an application has been submitted, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. If your qualifications match our current needs, we will be in touch with you.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Crime Victims Council (CVC) is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. CVC hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. CVC believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each person to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.